Growing vegetables in the country is an undeniable pleasure. In the southern regions, they grow remarkably well without greenhouses, but in the middle lane there is nowhere without them. Not every summer resident has extra money to buy a ready-made greenhouse, which will pay off for several years, and someone is completely used to making everything with his own hands. Now a very simple and popular technology for building a greenhouse from polypropylene pipes is in use, which will allow you to cheaply and easily build a modern structure with your own hands.
Pros and cons of polypropylene pipes for a greenhouse
The choice in favor of polypropylene pipes as stiffeners for the greenhouse is obvious, based on the considerable list of advantages of this material.
This material has the following advantages:
- cheapness in relation to ready-made greenhouse options;
- changeable dimensions to fit your needs;
- simple installation in the garden, even a teenager can handle;
- transportability, easy to transfer to another bed;
- environmental friendliness, does not emit volatile substances and does not harm the crops planted in such greenhouses;
- fire resistance, polypropylene - non-combustible material;
- durability, it is not affected by adverse environmental factors;
There are practically no disadvantages of polypropylene pipes as a material for a greenhouse. The only downside is that it's not free.
Before you start building a greenhouse, you first need to design it and calculate the materials required for construction. We will start from the drawn up drawing.
A greenhouse drawing will help you build it without much difficulty.
We will use polypropylene pipes for hot water supply, as they are the most durable. The diameter in our case is 12 mm, which is more than enough to support the weight of the film. Edged boards for building the base should be taken dry and even. The beam for the frame of the end walls can be used in smaller sizes, since it does not bear a tangible load, and the strength of the structure will not decrease from such a replacement.
To build you need the following materials:
- thick-walled polypropylene pipe with a diameter of 12 mm, a length of 6 m in the amount of 15 pcs., for a longitudinal stiffener, a pipe with a length of 10 m is required;
- reinforcement with a diameter of 10 mm, a length of 75 cm, 34 pcs .;
- strong polyethylene film 0.5–1 mm thick, it is better to take a reinforced one;
- self-tapping screws for wood 35 and 50 mm;
- plastic clips;
- straight hangers for drywall or mounting punched tape;
- slats 2 * 1 cm, length 70 cm - 28 pcs.;
- boards for a frame 10 * 2 cm, length 3.6 m - 2 pcs., 10 m - 2 pcs.
From the tools it is worth taking:
- scissors for metal or a grinder with a cutting wheel;
- hammer, tape measure, level;
- marker or pencil.
Step-by-step instructions for building a greenhouse:
- First you need to assemble the base frame. We cut the reinforcement into pieces of 75 cm, 30 pieces will be needed to fasten the polypropylene pipes, and the remaining 4 to secure the frame. We take edged boards 10 cm wide and lay out a rectangular frame 3.6 * 10 m in the place where the greenhouse is supposed to be placed. We check the diagonals with a piece of cord of a suitable length and reinforce the boards in the corners with four pieces of reinforcement, hammering them into the ground. They are fastened together with self-tapping screws 50 mm long.
The frame is assembled using boards and fittings
- Now we are going to install the reinforcement rods along the long sides of the frame. We will put on polypropylene pipes on them and form arches. We hammer 15 pieces of reinforcement into the ground on one side with a step between them of about 75 cm.They should be half driven into the ground.
Pieces of reinforcement should be hammered in about half.
- We put the pipe on one end of the armature, bend it smoothly and put it on the armature from the opposite side. We do this alternately with each pipe.
The bending of pipes and the formation of the greenhouse vault must be done smoothly.
- Now you need to secure all pipes in this position. We cut 10 cm pieces of mounting punched tape with a grinder or metal scissors, if you have a plasterboard suspension, cut it in half. We fasten the pipes to the frame using punched tape and self-tapping screws using a screwdriver.
The pipes should be fastened using punched tape
- Now we will deal with the end walls. For the end frame, we will use a bar of 4 * 5 cm, you can take even less, for example, 4 * 3 cm. The bars are fastened together with self-tapping screws 50 mm long.
Dimensions of bars for the end frame
To create an end frame, you need bars with dimensions:
- 0.45 m - 2 pcs.;
- 0.6 m - 4 pcs.;
- 1.23 m - 2 pcs.;
- 1.4 m - 2 pcs.;
- 1.7 m - 2 pcs.;
- 3.6 m - 2 pcs.
Stages of assembling the frame:
- We assemble the frame for both ends according to the scheme shown in the figure below.
The assembly of the end frame from a bar should be carried out according to the scheme
- Next, we put the finished frame on the frame and fasten it to it with self-tapping screws. To strengthen it, we cut off pieces of timber 4 * 5 by 70 cm. In all four pieces, we cut off one of the ends at 45 degrees and fasten it to the frame and frame.
Strengthening the frame is done by brace to the frame
- After fixing the end frames and arcs, you can begin to stiffen the structure. In order for all the edges of the greenhouse to be connected to each other, it is necessary to pass the longitudinal pipe along the entire length of the greenhouse along the inner side of the edges and connect to them at the top points with plastic clamps.
The strapping of the longitudinal stiffener with the transverse ones is carried out with plastic clamps
- Here's what kind of design we should end up with.
A fully assembled greenhouse frame without defects looks exactly like this
- We cover the entire area of the frame with a film, making sure that it completely covers the ends to the ground. We fasten it to the frame with rails on one side. Stretching the film a little, we fasten the second side in the same way. It is better to start fastening from the center, moving to the ends. The film should be mounted in warm and sunny weather in order to exclude its sagging during the operation of the greenhouse.
Stretching the film and securing with slats, it is advisable to make good weather
- Now carefully pull the film over the end, smooth the resulting folds to the edges and fix it with slats in the same way as we did on the sides of the structure. We carry out the same operations with the second end. We cut out the space under the door a little less than the actual one so that there is an allowance for turning inside the greenhouse.
First, we measure the doorway, which turned out in fact. We cut off two pieces of 1.15 m and two pieces of 1.62 m from a 5 * 4 bar. We assemble the rectangle of the door using self-tapping screws. Diagonally we fasten the brace from the 2 * 3 rail for door rigidity. We attach the hinges to the door leaf. We cover the door with a film so that it protrudes at the edges by 5–7 cm, and we fix it around the perimeter with thin slats. We wrap the protruding film around the door frame and fix it. We fasten the handle and insert the door leaf into the opening. We put under the door gaskets made of available material to adjust the gap of 5–7 mm and fasten the curtains to the end frame.
Doors are assembled using self-tapping screws
Well, that's the finish line - the greenhouse is ready.
To get a finished greenhouse, it is important to follow all the stages of its construction.
Video: greenhouse-greenhouse made of polypropylene pipes
To make a solid greenhouse from polypropylene pipes in your area is a completely feasible desire of any avid summer resident. As we have seen, there is nothing complicated in the construction of such a structure, and the small cost of the material will pay off with ripe and juicy vegetables from the greenhouse.
DIY greenhouse made of polypropylene pipes
Suburban real estate owners want to use the land for an early harvest. With the help of polypropylene pipes, you can make greenhouses on your own.
Such buildings are budgetary and pre-fabricated.
Reliable greenhouse made of polypropylene pipes: installation steps + best ideas
A greenhouse made of polypropylene pipes has become the choice of thousands of summer residents, gardeners and gardeners. It has many advantages over industrial counterparts, features functionality, convenience and low price. It is easy to install and maintain on a permanent basis.
Pros and cons of propylene pipes
Polypropylene pipes are widely used in construction due to their lightness, strength and resistance to variable weather conditions. Also, these characteristics play an important role in the construction of greenhouses and greenhouses made of polypropylene pipes:
- corrosion resistance - propylene pipes will not rust over time like metal profiles
- easily acquire the required shape - PVC greenhouses can be disassembled quickly and easily, since the pipes bend and create the desired structure
- lightness - polypropylene pipes are lightweight, which makes it easy to transport and move the structure across the site without prior disassembly
- durability - the average service life reaches 50 years
- wear resistance - the material is resistant to temperature fluctuations, mechanical damage and the influence of environmental factors
- an attractive appearance that will decorate the territory of the suburban area.
In addition, after installation, such a greenhouse will be unpretentious in maintenance, and the pipes themselves will not need additional processing with special means.
From PVC pipes, you can assemble a greenhouse of almost any shape. You can implement your own design idea or choose one of the popular design options:
- shed rectangle
- gable rectangle.
Selection of polypropylene pipes
When designing a future structure, questions often arise about which section for pipes should be preferred. In total, there are two section options: profile and round.
The main nuance that must be taken into account is that the square section implies high rigidity. This means that the greenhouse will be durable and practical, but it will be impossible to implement all the design ideas at the installation stage. The round profile, on the contrary, is more flexible, which makes it possible to implement a variety of design solutions, creating beautiful and functional greenhouses from propylene pipes with your own hands, for example, in the form of arches.
Experts agree that shaped pipes should be chosen only in situations where they really cannot be done without them. This applies to cases where the greenhouse will be exposed to serious mechanical stress or be in severe weather conditions with strong winds and thunderstorms.
Choosing a site for a greenhouse
So that the greenhouse does not warp over time, the selected area for the greenhouse must first be prepared for operation. For this, the soil zone is leveled. You can check the site with a peg and twine. If the level deviates by more than 1 degree, then the ground must be leveled. This is done with a sand cushion about 8-10 cm thick, which is laid under the foundation.
The construction of a greenhouse from PVC pipes is a simple, but multi-stage process that requires strict adherence to technologies. To facilitate the design and planning of the necessary work, the main stages are divided into several more processes, which are included in the general procedure.
The general scheme for the construction of a greenhouse is as follows:
- determination of the required amount of materials, drawing up a drawing, taking into account the conditions and possible resources
- purchase of necessary materials
- laying the foundation
- DIY greenhouse frame assembly from polypropylene pipes
- if there is a need for this, adjustment and revision of the design.
This is a general universal scheme that is suitable not only for greenhouses made of polypropylene materials, but also for greenhouses made of any other pipes. More details about each stage of construction of a greenhouse made of polypropylene pipes are described in the video.
Schemes and drawings
No special skills are required to develop a drawing. The arched view of the greenhouse is the simplest and most functional option. When developing the scheme, special attention should be paid to the bending radius of the pipes if the sheathing will be made of cellular polycarbonate.
Calculation of the amount of materials
To ensure the entire construction process, you will need the following:
- polypropylene pipes, it is advisable to buy those materials that are intended for hot water supply - they are more durable and wear-resistant
- reinforced film or cellular polycarbonate
- timber 5x5 cm made of wood
- thin strips for attaching reinforced film to the timber
- edged board with a section of 15x3 cm
- steel wire
- long rods from rebar
- nails and screws.
Experienced builders can carry out the necessary calculations according to the greenhouse scheme from polypropylene pipes on their own, in other cases it is better to use ready-made solutions with drawings, a list and the amount of necessary materials.
From the tools you will need the following:
- garden drill
- sharpened painting knife
- hacksaws for metal and wood
- bubble level
- screwdriver (Phillips screwdriver)
- construction knife
- a hammer.
By the time the foundation is laid and the frame is assembled, it is advisable to enlist the help of a friend, since the installation and processing of PVC pipes can take a lot of time and effort. However, you can make a greenhouse from polypropylene pipes yourself.
Laying the foundation
Most often, a wooden beam with a cross-sectional area of 10x10 cm is used for the foundation of such greenhouses. It provides an even distribution of the load throughout the entire area of the structure, thereby ensuring its durability. Such a foundation will last 10-15 years, and it is also easy and quick to install.
The foundation is laid in this way:
- Cut the wooden beam in accordance with the dimensions of the greenhouse. Treat it with an antiseptic, preferably with a spray bottle. Place the timber on a sandy pillow. Instead of a pillow, you can make posts of brick, aligned in level and diagonally.
- Connect the bars with self-tapping screws and metal corners. If the length of the beams does not allow this, they can be fastened with staples. Fasteners must be protected from galvanized parts.
- Pour sand around the perimeter of the entire foundation, thereby securing the base.
At the same stage, you can make markings for the paths and fence the rows for plantings.
How to make a greenhouse from polypropylene pipes with your own hands
After the base for the greenhouse is ready, you can proceed directly to the assembly and sheathing of greenhouses from PPR with your own hands.
Assembling the frame
Before starting the installation of the main structure, the purchased pipes must be cut according to the intended dimensions and signed with a marker so as not to get confused:
- 400 cm - 4 pcs.
- 190 cm - 10 pcs.
- 180 cm - 4 pcs.
- 140 cm 4 Pcs.
- 76 cm - 8 pcs.
- 65 cm - 18 pcs.
- 46 cm - 10 pcs.
- 10 cm - 10 pcs.
The rest of the elements, for example, for handles, are made directly during the installation of the greenhouse. It happens according to the following algorithm:
- Using crosspieces in pairs, fasten pipes 190 cm in pairs to create arches.
- Connect end frames from 4 pipe sections and 3 tees. From six parts of a 65 cm pipe, assemble two lower side ties. There are five single tees for each tie. Install two end braces of three 76 cm pipes. Each brace also requires two single tees.
- Assemble doorways according to the selected building drawing. Then the end walls are mounted by connecting the end braces and arches with racks, as well as two-plane tees.
- Installation of the assembled frame on the foundation. Checking the diagonals of the structure and, if necessary, aligning them. Installation of side screeds of the building. Assembly of doors and vents according to the selected scheme. Fastening doors on special hinges in doorways.
Sheathing can be done with foil or polycarbonate. Each of the materials has its own pros and cons. The advantages of a greenhouse made of polypropylene pipes for polycarbonate are as follows:
- transmits light well
- effectively retains heat
- has high mechanical strength
- UV resistant
- easy and quick installation
- the service life is from 5 years and longer.
Among the disadvantages are:
- strongly reflects the sun's rays
- requires careful use, as pinpoints and scratches can damage it
- If polycarbonate is installed incorrectly, it will accumulate moisture and dirt.
In turn, the film has the following advantages:
- low cost
- easy to mount
- perfectly transmits light.
The film also has disadvantages:
- not resistant to mechanical damage
- high susceptibility to ultraviolet rays, which destroy its structure over several years
- low thermal insulation.
Despite significant drawbacks, the film is very popular as the main material for covering greenhouses. It can be fastened with self-tapping screws or with special pipe clamps.
How to cover the frame with film
Sheathing the frame with a film is as follows:
- Film processing the ends of the greenhouse. It will also need to be leveled by removing folds and creases of the material.
- Covering a greenhouse made of polypropylene pipes with a film around the perimeter with a material reserve of at least 30 cm.
- Fixing the film from below with ties or earth. To strengthen the strength of the areas that are in contact with the arches for a greenhouse made of polypropylene pipes, you can glue them with tape.
- Cutting openings for doors with passes from 20 cm. Sheathing of doors and vents with foil.
There is nothing complicated in polycarbonate cladding:
- Cut out sheets of polycarbonate to fit the dimensions of the end walls.
- Fix the parts on self-tapping screws with thermal washers with a screwdriver every 40-50 cm.
- Sheathed doors and vents. Cover the top of the greenhouse over the arcs, securing it around the perimeter.
At the top, two sheets of polycarbonate are used, which are overlapped.
In order for a large greenhouse made of polypropylene pipes to serve for a long time, it is advisable to follow the following tips:
- it is necessary to regularly wash the polycarbonate greenhouse with water and non-aggressive detergents
- polycarbonate is "afraid" of high temperatures and open fire, from which you need to protect the greenhouse
- the place for the greenhouse should be sunny and with good circulation of fresh air.
The greenhouse should be protected in every possible way from the influence of high and low temperatures, as well as from mechanical damage that can break it.
Examples of finished greenhouses made of polypropylene pipes
It is worth considering the photos of finished projects.
A homemade greenhouse made of polypropylene pipes is the best option for beginners and experienced summer residents. It provides a favorable climate for plants, and is also several times cheaper than its industrial counterparts.
DIY greenhouse made of polypropylene pipes: drawings, step-by-step instructions
You can provide your family with fresh vegetables and herbs from early spring to late autumn thanks to an excellent helper in the form of a greenhouse. Among summer residents, a design made of polypropylene pipes is very popular, which can be quickly equipped independently. Such a structure will be strong, durable and at the same time not very expensive.
In this article, we will provide step-by-step instructions on how to build a greenhouse from polypropylene pipes with your own hands, with additional diagrams and descriptions.
Drawings and dimensions
Many gardeners prefer to equip a greenhouse of a large enough size that will allow you to go inside and grow several types of crops there. It is important to think in advance what kind of structure the roof will be, where the windows and doors will be located.
When developing a project for a future greenhouse, it is imperative to take into account the fact that the load-bearing elements and connecting nodes must be evenly spaced. Only in this case it will be possible to achieve the stability of the integral structure.
It is especially important to consider the outer coating, namely its weight. After all, if the agricultural canvas and the film are quite light, then, for example, polycarbonate sheets are very heavy, which means they can damage the structure.
Therefore, when choosing a material with a large weight, you need to think over additional supports and place them in the middle of the greenhouse roof.
Before building a greenhouse or a greenhouse made of polypropylene pipes with your own hands, it will be useful to own a clear drawing where various details and all sizes, as well as types of fasteners, etc. will be painted. Polypropylene pipes are perfect for both the construction of small greenhouses and for the construction of large greenhouses.
But if you plan to build a greenhouse longer than 4 m, you will also need to take into account the strength and load of the roof. Experienced summer residents are advised to design a greenhouse with a height of about 2 m, a width of 2.5 m and a length of no more than 4 m.
Such parameters will be comfortable both for the gardener himself, who will take care of vegetable crops, and for plants that will grow in the greenhouse.
Did you know? According to research, the first greenhouses were built in ancient Rome. In appearance, they practically did not resemble modern designs. In the middle of the 13th century, such buildings appeared in Germany. There was a winter garden there. It was in this garden that King William of Holland was received.
Characteristics and quality indicators of polypropylene pipes for a greenhouse
The classic materials that are used for the construction of greenhouses are wooden beams and metal. But such materials have a number of significant drawbacks. Wooden beams do not differ in durability, as they are damaged and rotted under the influence of natural conditions.
As for the metal, being durable, it is characterized by difficulties in processing. In addition, a metal greenhouse is much more difficult to dismantle if necessary. That is why ordinary water pipes are becoming more and more popular. polypropylene pipes... They can last much longer than wooden beams, and their cost is much cheaper than metal.
Almost any summer resident will be able to cope with such material, but it is easier to master the design, of course, it will be those who at least once in their life dealt with the installation of water supply systems. It is worth noting that a greenhouse made of polypropylene pipes, the step-by-step instructions for making with our own hands we will provide below, lends itself to reusable assembly.
Such structures usually cannot withstand the snow load, so it is recommended to dismantle them at the end of the warm season. But if the coating was made not with a film, but with polycarbonate sheets, then such a greenhouse structure can easily transfer both wind and snow loads.
But polypropylene resists both winter frosts and ultraviolet light without problems, which allows the frame not to collapse throughout the year.
Perhaps the most important of the many benefits polypropylene frames is their low cost. Also, a pleasant bonus is the fact that you can place a greenhouse in any corner of the summer cottage, having thought over the desired design in advance.
And if necessary, in the next season, the greenhouse room can be easily moved to another place due to simple dismantling.
Did you know? The largest greenhouse is currently in the UK. The complex consists of 2 large rooms.
Here you can observe a huge number of tropical and Mediterranean plants: banana palms, bamboo, coffee, olives, etc. The opening of the project took place on March 17, 2001.
Using polypropylene pipes for the greenhouse frame, at the exit the summer resident will receive a heat-resistant, durable and, importantly, an environmentally friendly structure. In general, a number of main features of such a frame for a greenhouse can be distinguished:
- resistance of PVC pipes to temperature conditions (up to 85 ° C) and pressure (up to 25 atmospheres)
- the frame made of polypropylene is not subject to decay, corrosion, rust, limestone deposits, the influence of bacteria
- pipes are well cleaned and washed
- this kind of material is used for transporting drinking water, which confirms its compliance with physical and chemical standards.
Required materials and tools
In order to build a greenhouse from PVC pipes with your own hands, you will need:
- Boards that will be used for arranging the base of the greenhouse, as well as for the construction of doors and windows.
- Polypropylene pipes. You can use pipes with a diameter of 25 cm or 32 cm.
- Wooden rods about 60–70 cm long. The diameter of the rods should be less than the diameter of the pipes.
You also need to prepare material for covering the greenhouse (for example, film), brackets for attaching pipes to the base of the greenhouse, small wooden blocks, nails and a hammer.
Greenhouse construction. Step-by-step instruction
To build a greenhouse from PVC pipes with your own hands, you can use the drawings that are presented in this article, or you can design your own structure diagram. We offer detailed instructions for the construction of a greenhouse room, making adjustments to which, you can make any greenhouse to your taste.
First, you need to select and prepare the site where the greenhouse will be located. The place should be flat and open to sunlight. It is recommended to pour under the greenhouse strip foundation, but you can also just lay out the perimeter in blocks or bricks.
In our case, ordinary boards will be used, which are laid out on the site with a rectangle and connected to each other. This method will be the fastest and easiest.
Important! To make the base more durable, you can also use wooden beams.
They need to be sawed down and put into one another, after which they must be drilled through and bolted.
2. Next, install the rods along the longer side of the wooden frame. The rods should be driven into the ground to a depth of about 30–70 cm; it is recommended to focus on the softness of the soil.
In this case, about 50–80 cm of the length of the rod should remain above the ground level. The distance between the bars should be no more than 50-60 cm.
It is recommended to make several light cuts on the rods in advance to make it easier to fix polypropylene pipes on them.
3. Now you can start collecting directly frame... You should put one end of the PVC pipe on the rod, bend it, and fix the other end on the opposite side of the wooden foundation frame.
Here it is very important to correctly measure the length of the tubes so that the summer resident would be comfortable in the future to enter and work in the greenhouse. Following this algorithm, all subsequent arches must be installed.
Then you need to fix the polypropylene pipes at both ends using special galvanized brackets. You can buy them in the same store where the pipes were bought.
5. Next, you need to install the gables of the greenhouse. They can be made from the same PVC pipes, or from wood. Then the frame must be fastened with transverse elements so that the overall structure is more stable. It is desirable to use the same plastic pipes for this.
One of them is placed in the center of the greenhouse and secured with ties. If the room is large, then you can additionally place two more transverse elements on both sides.
6. Now it's time to cover the structure with a film.
You can fasten it with small wooden blocks to the lower boards, using nails and a hammer.
Important! To avoid tearing and damage to the film, it is recommended to make allowances during the fastening process, avoiding excessive stretching of the material.
7. In the end, you should tackle the door and windows. You need to cover each structure with a film, and then fix it on the main frame.
As you can see, it is not at all difficult to construct a greenhouse from PVC pipes with your own hands. The main thing is to choose the right materials and follow the calculations made in advance. If you follow all the recommendations, then such a greenhouse room will serve the summer resident for many years.
Was this helpful?
↑ Instructions for self-erection of a greenhouse from polypropylene pipes
The installation of the greenhouse is started when its drawing is ready, the tools are assembled and all the necessary materials are purchased. This step-by-step guide is approved by experienced craftsmen and experienced gardeners. Basically, arched greenhouses on a strip base are built on the site and covered with polycarbonate. Here, in stages, we will consider the process of erecting such a structure:
- Just remember at this point that the construction process begins with the choice of a location. Then markings are applied to build the foundation. First, they mark it out with pegs schematically. And the exact marking is performed using a level and a tape measure. The intersection of the strings between the pegs should be at a 90 degree angle. Correctly executed markings will allow you to build the foundation and install the frame of the greenhouse without errors.
- You need to prepare 16 pegs and 8 pieces of string.
- Using a sharp bayonet shovel, select the top sod layer. This land is not thrown away anywhere, and then used to prepare a soil mixture for future beds.
- Further, a flat trench is pulled out between the strings. Its depth is about 30 cm. If during digging the soil begins to crumble strongly or the walls "slide" inward, then the trench can be reinforced with polyethylene or other insulating material. When digging trenches, they adhere to the applied dimensions and do not go beyond the bounds of the stretched rope.
- In the dug trench, the bottom must be properly tamped. You can use both a log with a board nailed to its end, and a professional soil rammer.
- A 10-centimeter layer of sand is poured into the compacted bottom. It is best to use slightly damp sand.
- Next, a five-centimeter layer of fine gravel is poured.
- Roofing material or other insulating material is laid on the gravel along the entire perimeter. To prevent the solution from spreading, formwork is installed, which is reinforced with spacers and supports. To prevent the mortar from cementing on the walls of the formwork, they are protected with a film.
- If you build a strip foundation according to all the rules, then a reinforcing belt will need to be laid in the formwork. The fittings will allow the foundation, and therefore the greenhouse, to serve for a very long time. The monolithic reinforcement structure is made by welding from iron rods.
- The reinforcing frame inside the formwork is not installed on the bottom, but on pieces of brick.
- When the reinforcing cage is installed, rods protruding 40 cm above the base are welded to its walls. Then arcs from propylene pipes are strung to these rods.
- The concrete solution is poured into the formwork. It is important that no air bubbles form in the concrete. To "drive them out", use a piece of reinforcement or a thick stick, which is immersed in the solution and pulled back. The procedure is carried out so many times so that all air bubbles come out of the concrete.
The surface of the concrete base is leveled and covered with a film until the mortar is completely dry.This takes up to 8 days. During the first 2 days, the concrete must be moistened with water several times. After the base has hardened, the formwork is dismantled, the concrete is covered with roofing felt and the construction of a frame made of polypropylene pipes is started.
Further stages of building a greenhouse with your own hands:
- For a greenhouse structure, a wood base is made for polypropylene pipes. To do this, use four bars with a section of 10x5 cm. In advance, they are treated with a special agent against mold and pests. A rectangle is assembled from the bars of the required length. They are assembled both with the help of self-tapping screws and by joining the bars joint to joint using curly cutouts.
- The reinforcement should stick out on the erected foundation. So in a frame made of a bar, holes are drilled around the entire perimeter so that the frame can fit on top of the concrete base, and the reinforcement goes through these holes.
- Propylene pipes are bent into an arc and carefully put on the reinforcement.
- At the bottom, the pipes must be fixed with special clamps or plates to provide additional rigidity to the frame structure.
- When all the arcs are in place, the greenhouse must be given additional rigidity. Plastic pipes are bolted to the arcs along the entire length of the greenhouse parallel to the base. They do this inside so that the bolts do not interfere with the attachment of the covering material.
- According to the drawing dimensions, pipes of the required length are cut and, using fasteners and fittings, the door frame is assembled from them. With lightweight hinges, the door is attached to the front of the greenhouse.
- The window in the greenhouse is also constructed from propylene pipes.
- The next stage is the installation of the covering material (polycarbonate). Two points are taken into account when covering. If the sheets were purchased with a protective layer from ultraviolet radiation, then it should be located outside the greenhouse. When drilling holes for fixing self-tapping screws, it is taken into account that the material is deformed during temperature extremes. To prevent the polycarbonate sheet from cracking in the heat, the holes should be made slightly larger than the section of the leg of the self-tapping screw used.
The polycarbonate sheet is fitted to the end shape with a well-sharpened office knife. Polycarbonate is a brittle drilling material. In order not to spoil the sheet, self-tapping screws with a rubber washer are used. This fastener will not allow the sheet to crack at the junction and will create a waterproofing hole.
Do not remove the protective film from the polycarbonate until the entire structure is finally installed. This material is easily injured and scratched. Do not spoil the appearance of your greenhouse at the stage of its construction.
Let a greenhouse structure made of polycarbonate or a film of polypropylene pipes take time to build, but in any case, making it yourself is much cheaper than buying a ready-made greenhouse.